Sam & Lauren | Horsetooth Reservoir Engagement Session

July 16, 2017

When Sam and Lauren requested their engagement session take place at Horsetooth Reservoir I was thrilled! I have so many nostalgic memories as a child there and it was a joy to relive them!

Much like myself, Sam and Lauren love the water; especially canoeing. Hosetooth Reservoir just happens to be one of their favorite places for it. How could you not love that location? A massive reservoir surrounded by everything this beautiful state has to offer. If you haven’t visited this spot you really should take the time to see it for yourself. It truly is a breathtaking view.

Sam and Lauren as adventurous as they are in love. They didn’t hesitate to hike up into the surrounding area in order to get the perfect picture. I found myself getting lost in the fun they have just being around each other. They truly enjoyed every moment. It was obvious both Lauren and Same thrive in the outdoors.

Canoeing in itself is an art form. It takes synchronization and communication when doing it as a team. Not a problem for Sam and Lauren. They glided effortlessly into the water as I watching from the shore.

However, all great skills are learned with mistakes. Sometimes mistakes make the best memories possible. This is exactly what happened when Sam and Lauren flipped their canoe. Some couples may have been disappointed or felt like their session would be over after that. Not these two.

Instead, the canoe flip turned into a masterpiece. One that conveyed their love for each other in a way that words just can’t describe. Their smiles and laughter seemed to fill the entire space as they swam over to each other. Sometimes in life you have to laugh at what happens, play around in the water and kiss each other like there’s no tomorrow.

1. Hilary

July 28th, 2017 at 11:18 am

I love these! What a great location to do them. The falling in the water is priceless!! Really great job with these.

2. Laura Beck

July 28th, 2017 at 11:20 am

I’m laughing!!! this is so amazing. So much romance and connection with this couple and then humor too. Totally swooning!

3. Stevie

July 28th, 2017 at 11:55 am

What a fun looking session!!! And that cover photo, I thought it was from the Notebook!!! SO beautiful!! I love every single image!

4. Ashleigh

July 28th, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hehe they are so darling, daring and fun! What a fantastic engagment shoot, boat flipping and all!

5. Christie Matherne

July 28th, 2017 at 3:41 pm

These are SO gorgeous and fun! Wonderful Horsetooth engagement session.

6. Valerie

July 28th, 2017 at 4:30 pm

Ok they might be the cutest couple I’ve even seen! I especially love all the photos in the water! Beautiful job!

7. jamie

July 28th, 2017 at 7:04 pm

I love it that they ended up in the water, and still had smiles! What a memorable session, I know they will cherish these!

8. Alyssa Bouma

July 28th, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Okay I don’t even know where to start with these. The first half of the photos are SUCH a dream!! Her dress is perfect and you captured them so beautifully. And then the water pictures….I adore them even more considering that it was an accident that they ended up in the water. Amazing work!

9. Teresa

July 28th, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Wow! I am blown away by these engagement photos! This couple is so cute and look so in love!

10. Sarah

July 28th, 2017 at 8:50 pm

Holy cow, totally engagement session goals right here!! They look like SO much fun and so incredibly in love. The water just makes it that much more incredible. Awesome work!

11. Ashley

July 28th, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Wow wow wow! This adventure session gave me all the feels! Great job as a photographer capturing their love and connection even in crazy situations!

12. sarah

July 29th, 2017 at 7:00 am

oh my gosh in the water… some on.. those are incredible shots I love them! Memories to cherish forever

13. Kerlyn Van Gelder

July 29th, 2017 at 7:56 am

Wow! I love how intimate and adventurous these are! What a fun couple to shoot with!

14. Emily Moore

July 29th, 2017 at 7:57 am

Oh my gosh this shoot was incredible!! I love how adventurous this couple was! The hike was well-worth it because the views were just amazing!! And I love how they flipped their canoe, what a great way to capture engagement photos that makes it fun an unique to them! Beautiful work!

15. Naomi

July 29th, 2017 at 8:09 am

Beautiful posing and unique photographs. These are engagement photographs to treasure!

16. ro

July 29th, 2017 at 10:36 am

Oh my! What a fun and romantic session. thank you so much for the amazing inspiration

17. April

July 29th, 2017 at 6:32 pm

This is engagement session is so good! The canoe flip made it more unique than any I’ve seen lately!